Yesterday, registration opened for the SAT's fall testing dates. Here's what you need to know:
1. For the next few days, only students in the class of 2020 or 2021 who don’t have an SAT score, plus students who were registered for the June SAT or Subject Tests who didn't cancel, can register for August, September, and October exams.
- Tech tip 1: If you were signed up for June, try selecting "Change Registration" under your June test date instead of starting a new registration. Trying to register for an entirely new test will trigger an error message. You may receive a notification saying that you will be charged a $30 change fee, but after you select a new testing date, you won't actually be charged.
- Tech tip 2: If you are having trouble registering for August, September, or October, try deleting any incomplete test registrations.
- Tech tip 3: Be patient. The College Board website is overloaded, and some students have reported waiting 3-4 minutes for each page to load. Anticipate that there may be some delays.
- Note: If you are not in one of these student priority groups and still try to register for August, September, or October, you may receive an error message that says "We are unable to process your request due to a system error. Please try again later.”
2. According to the College Board, registration for August, September, and October testing dates will open to all students on June 3 at 8pm ET.
3. Registration for the November and December SAT and Subject Tests is open.
- If you are concerned about being able to reserve a seat and want to have a backup option, you can register for the November and/or December exams. Be sure to check with your counselor to see if these testing dates will fit in with your overall application timeline.
- Note: The SAT is not offered internationally in November. On this test testing date, only Subject Tests will be administered outside the U.S.
Need more individualized advice?
The recommendations above are general suggestions. If you have specific questions, reach out to our experts here. We’re happy to help in any way we can.
ArborBridge is the global leader in innovative, digital, one-on-one tutoring. With nearly a decade of experience teaching students online, ArborBridge supports students of all kinds: home schoolers, AP students, test preppers, and more. Our tutors specialize in creating personalized plans and in providing compassionate support for students and families.