Our friends at the ACS Cobham International School in Cobham, Surrey are hosting a North American University Fair, and you’re invited. UK Students, don’t miss out on this one of a kind opportunity, register for your free tickets today!
We would like to cordially invite you to the North American University Fair at ACS Cobham International School on Thursday, May 16th, from 5:30-8:00. This is the first and only educational fair of its kind being offered in Surrey this year.
This fair has 15 universities from the US and Canada attending, as well as a series of 30-minute information sessions designed to help you navigate the US admissions process:
- Introduction to Higher Education in the United States: presented by Hamilton College, Stonehill College, University of Saskatchewan, Reed College, Hawaii Pacific University
- What You Need to Know About US Admissions Tests: by Michele Collias, US Universities Advisor at Eton College and Director of International Programs at StudyWorks
- Key Differences between the UK Personal Statement and the US College Essay: by John Reilly, College Counselor at American School London
- A British Guide to Applying to America: by David Hawkins, Head of Careers at Taunton School
- Financing your Education: Funding, Merit Scholarships, and Bursaries: by Jillian Moskowitz, US-UK Fulbright Commission
- Student Athletes: What You Need to Know About Getting Recruited in the US: by Danni Hagler, US-UK Fulbright Commission
Last year, 4,500 UK students applied for universities in the States. This is your opportunity to learn how they did it.
Universities in the US and Canada recognize the value of a diverse and international student population. The universities at this fair will be here to seek and recruit British and international students. This will be your unique opportunity to learn about the US Higher Education landscape, as well as talk in person with admissions tutors from the US. Different types of institutions that represent all sectors of the US HE market will be represented at this fair: liberal arts colleges, research universities, engineering schools, etc.
This fair is also free. As a careers office that supported the launch of the Sutton Trust US Programme, we firmly believe in widening participation as well as equity and fair access to higher education opportunities. In this spirit, we welcome you to attend this fair at no cost to you, your parents, teachers, and careers advisors.
Tickets are limited. For a list of exhibitors, as well as tickets, go to: http://acscobhamcollegefair.eventbrite.com/
We hope to see you there!